We are always fascinated by the heroes of fiction. Though we know they’re not real, it doesn’t matter when our excitement level is on top! For instance, Iron Man and Batman from Marvel vs DC respectively. These two have amazing characters who compete with each other in their world as well where one is a techy-genius and another has an arsenal of gadgets to fight crime…it’s no wonder these superheroes attract so many readers or viewers for that matter because everyone loves being entertained!! So, today we are going to talk about the most incredible characters IRON MAN vs BATMAN.
We are aware of the fact that Iron Man is from Marvel and Batman is from DC which are a completely different superhero universe. However if there any chance of their collision, the rough answer will be Iron Man vs Batman = Iron Man while Tony Stark vs Bruce Wayne = Bruce Wayne.
Now, there are two ways to answer this. Iron Man vs Batman in their respective suits or as without their suits and barehanded. But, we are going to cover all the possible ways to fight.
Let us now talk about both superheroes respectively on their strengths and weaknesses.
1) Who is Iron Man?
Basically, Tony Stark in a fully armed advanced iron suit is Iron Man. Now, who is Tony?? He is a billionaire, philanthropist, tech-genius, and Playboy. Tony also developed his artificial assistant JARVIS. He is also the owner of Stark Industries laid down by his father Anthony Stark. Due to his heart injury, he has to change his heart by a core reactor, an electromagnet. Sounds funny!! Though at the end of movies like Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3; he has thrown this reactor to live a normal life.
Iron Man is the most popular Marvel character ever. Now, people recognize Robert Downey Jr. by the name of Iron Man or Tony Stark, his character name. Also, these movies are in Hollywood’s top grossing chart. Many peeps out here were so influenced by Iron Man that they decided to get graduation in Mechanical. (EVEN I !!)
- Genius level intellect: Tony was quite intelligent from his childhood. He entered into MIT cracking the entrance at the age of 15 years. He also managed to become
demonstrated his mechanical aptitude and inventive genius at a very early age, enrolling in college electrical engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at the age of 15 and also inherited Stark Industries at 21. And within a few years, he made it a multi-billion dollar industry.
- Expert in weapons technology: Stark Industries started out by selling weapons during World War(Captain America- the first avenger). He surely has inherited developing weapons from his father. Because the way he develops and upgrades his suits is exceptional. Our technology lacks far behind his as seen in comics or movies.
- Expert engineer: His engineering expertise can be seen how he developed a suit out of scrap. He is also called as world’s greatest futurist.
- Billionaire businessman: He is monetarily well funded enough to build suits of armor which costs him billion dollars barely making any dent to his budget.
- Adaptive: Now, I can say Tony is adaptive because of the way he develops his suits. he has developed a number of amazing suits from MARK-I to HULK-Buster. His every suit got amazing tech and weapons.
- Technology-dependent: There is no debate that he is dependent on technologies for every invention. He is dependent on the arc reactor to live. And YOU must have seen how unstable was Tony when Pepper was changing the reactor in the movie Iron Man(2008).
- An intense flirt-guy: He had been a playboy in all his movies. However, he is in love with Pepper Potts though a playboy is a playboy. You can see him flirting with Aunt May ( Peter Parker’s Aunt) in Spiderman: Homecoming and also Natasha Romanoff.
- Relied on armor: He is heavily dependent on his armor during the fight. During hand to hand combat with Captain America and Bucky Barnes, Tony had to use the intelligence of his suit to find loop-whole in their fighting.
- Ego: YOU might have also noticed in his movies that there is some egoism in him. He is extremely over-confident. These things had led him to many complex situations.
- Depression: In Iron Man 3, You must have seen he got some anxiety attacks. Well, this also can be used by opponents as their plus points.
- Identity exposed: Having an exposed identity made him to some life threats in which he almost lost Pepper. However, he managed to save the lives of everyone present but at billion dollar cost.
Now, the time comes to talk about BATMAN.
2) Who Is BATMAN?
Batman’s is a secret identity played my Bruce Wayne. He is a wealthy American, Philanthropist, Tech-genius, and owner of Wayne Enterprises. His parents were brutally killed in front of him and since then he swore vengeance against criminals. And then trained himself physically and learned many things like chemistry, criminology, forensics, martial arts, gymnastics, disguise, and escape artistry.
He has a very loyal and wise butler, Alfred Pennyworth who helps him to manage Wayne Enterprises. He disguised himself inspired by bats persona which was he afraid of at his childhood.
For His superhero training, Wayne spent years traveling the various places to understand the criminal underworld and learning various fighting moves.
- Indomitable Will: Bruce has exceptional strength of his will which makes him threatening to his opponents. He is tactician, disciplined, driven and focused than many of the superheroes out there.
- Paranoia: Batman, “being paranoia”, has contingency plans against every single Justice League member in case any one of them goes rogue. He even has contingency plans for himself.
- Identity hidden: He has hidden his identity to protect his loved ones from a threat.
- Peak of physical fitness: For Batman strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, and coordination are at peak human perfection.
- Genius level intellect: He is considered the greatest detective in the world by his opponents.
- Expert martial artist: He is well trained and mastered 127 forms of martial arts. He is skilled in using weapons like Batarangs, stun gun, EMP grenades, etc.
- Billionaire-businessman: Though Wayne Enterprise have gone through many ups and downs in Bruce reign, but he had managed to make it a profit making company in the end.
- Expert strategist: The way he almost defeated Superman in the movie ” Superman vs Batman” shows he is an expert strategist. He also had defeated some iconic super-villains like Joker, Catwoman, Ra’s al Ghul who also has trained Bayne.
- Doesn’t possess any superpowers: He is the only super-hero in Justice League who do not have any superpower.
- Vulnerable to attacks without suits/weapons/gadgets: Surely Bruce will vulnerable to attacks without his armor. Even his with his suits introduced in early movies, he will not be able to stand against threatening weapons.
Now, LETS compare there every possibility of out there.
3) Iron Man vs Batman: Who Will Win?
We have seen Batman performs jaw to jaw if he has given preparation time for a fight. He uses his investigation skills to find opponents strengths and weaknesses and then give a strong fight. He has already developed contingency plans for most of his opponents as well as for members in Justice League.
While Iron Man develops his suits and makes a better version of it every time. He also had made armors like Hulk-buster, Thor-Buster, etc. His suit houses many threatening weapons and can give a tough fight to any of his opponents.
Here’s the thing,
Iron Man may be very intelligent, Batman is infinitely smarter.
Tony Stark plays ODDS, Bruce Wayne plays the MAN.
You guys have to agree this is the only possible way that these two geniuses can fight. So it will be more logical to compare their box office collection of individual movies.
The movie “Iron Man 3” released in 2013 has gross box office collection worth $1,214,811,252 while “The Dark Knight Rises” has collected over $1,084,939,099 released in 2012.
Iron Man movies were introduced by Marvel Studios in earlier 2008. And after that, they have released only 3 sequels namely- “Iron Man”, “Iron Man 2”, “Iron Man 3”. While Batman movie serial was first broadcasted in 1943. And after that WB and DC universe has released over 10+ Batman non-animated movies.
So here’s collection from Iron Man Franchise. The list comprises a gross domestic collection of the movies.
|Iron Man 2
|Iron Man 3
This makes a total of 1.03985943 billion US$ gross domestic collection these movies.
Here’s for Batman Franchise collection
|Batman and Robin
|The Dark Knight
|The Dark Knight Rises
(Source: Box Office Mojo)
Still, we have not added this movie in the above list since there is no reliable collection source.
- Batman the Movie (1966)
- Batman (1966-1968) (TV series)
- Batman and Robin (1949) (movie serial)
- The Batman (1943) (movie serial)
But the total enlisted collection is of $1.89220516 billion US. Which gives Batman lead.
With preparation time
Batman is a great inventor as Tony is! But the fact he defeated Superman make me think twice about this point. I think Batman will tough fight with preparation time and there are chances that he will defeat Iron-Man by making a plasma gun hot enough to burn through his suite with one shot or by making an effective way to disable Stark’s tech (an electromagnetic pulse, maybe?), and disabling all Tony’s Tech. Because he is Batman he can do anything. So let’s give this to Batman.
Without Preparation Time
If an unprepared Batman goes against Iron Man, he will lose. He will most probably lose to every superhero out there. The thing is, there is probably such thing as an unprepared Batman. But Batman Armours introduced in movies are not stronger to protect him missiles. While Iron-Man survived when THANOS threw a moon on him.
(EXCEPTION: Batman’s HELLBAT Armour)
Now the best Iron Man armor is his Endo-Sym Armor from Marvel Comics while Batman’s best Armor is HellBat Armor. There is a big story about how HellBat armor with help of Superman, Hal, Cyborg, Aquaman, the Flash and Wonder Woman and has its own advantages and disadvantages. The Endo-Sym armor was designed by Tony on Symbiote Biology and doesn’t rely on tech for initial bonding.
Batman armors are much prone to damage than Iron-Man’s suit. Also, Batman cannot fly whereas Iron-Man has Jet Thrusters. This can be a major disadvantage for Batman. So, I think Iron Man leads by many armor and technology advantages and Iron-Man has the maximum chance of defeating Batman.
Both Iron Man and Batman are normal humans with high IQ and mechanical skills. As said earlier, Bruce had spent years in learning combat skills and martial art. While Tony had not trained himself as he believes in automating all things, so he made an AI called “JARVIS”. NO ARMOR, NO SUIT, and NO JARVIS. So he will not able to copyfight moves of Bruce like we have seen in “Captain America: Civil War”.
So, YOU guys have to agree that Tony Stark has a negligible chance of winning a hand-to-hand fight with Bruce Wayne.
So here WE completed our detailed stats of strengths and weakness of our favorite heroes Iron Man and Batman. However many people who read comics might know that Batman is far tougher to beat than any other superheroes out there when it comes to preparation. But after watching “The Endgame” I have realized that Iron Man is also great superhero and wrote this Versus post. So, I think (also said earlier), the rough answer to this was,
Tony Stark vs Bruce Wayne= Bruce Wayne
Iron Man vs Batman= Iron Man.
Both being popular comic heroes this debate is endless. So don’t forget to put your suggestions in the comment box. If you are been till here, Bonus: “Robert Pattinson will be the face behind coming Batman movies, according to leaks”.
Feel free to share the blog with your friends and subscribe to our Newsletter.
“LOVE YOU GUYS 3000″