Our country India, officially the Republic of India (Bhārat Gaṇarājya), is a country in South Asia which is the seventh-largest country by area, the second-most populous country (with over 1.2 billion people), and the most populous democracy in the world. So here we are providing some of the amazing facts related to our Incredible India:-
1. We bet nowhere else in the world would you find an experimental township which welcomes citizens from all over the world and has no provisions of money or religion. You read it right, founded in 1968 it’s called Auroville situated mostly in Tamil Nadu.
2. Now let’s talk numbers. If there’s strength in numbers, we sure are powerful as India has more population than the entire Western Hemisphere of Earth. Go manpower!
3. In a display of democracy at its best, a whopping 54 crore+ people voted in the 2014 General Election, which is more than the population of USA, UK, Australia and Japan combined. An impressive figure, isn’t it?
4. ‘Bosons’ which are considered as the greatest discovery of this generation were the discovery of Indian scientist, Satyendra Nath Bose who has worked alongside Einstein himself. The fact that half of the particles in the world are ‘Bosons’ named after Bose should definitely make us proud.
5. Pioneering isn’t new to India. Here’s a list of things invented and discovered by Indians. How many were you aware of?
– The ruler
– Toilet Flush
– Diamond mining
– Snakes and Ladder
– Fibonacci Numbers
– Card games
– Binary Code
– Fiber optics
– Cataract surgery and plastic surgery
– Discovered the number zero, trigonometry, algebra and calculus
– Water on the moon
The list goes on.
6. Both the Indian men’s and women’s Kabaddi teams have been absolutely unbeatable. We have won all 5 men’s Kabaddi World Cups held till now and have been undefeated throughout these tournaments. The Indian women’s team has also won all Kabaddi World Cups held till date. GO INDIA!
7. The value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana. He first explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
8. May 26 is celebrated as the Science Day in Switzerland in honor of former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, because on the day, Kalam visited the country. One great man who never stops making India proud. RIP Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
9. It is widely believed that Indians are highly demanded employees the world over. Here are some interesting statistics to back that –
38% of Doctors in America are Indians.
12% of Scientists in America are Indians.
36% of NASA employees are Indians.
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
28% of IBM employees are Indians.
17% of Intel employees are Indians.
13% of Xerox employees are Indians.
10. The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi built in the 10th century is the world’s largest religious pilgrimage destination. Larger than either Rome or Mecca, it receives donations worth $6 million (US) from an average of 30,000 visitors every day. Now that is some mind-blowing achievement!
11. India’s “Go Air” airline only hires female flight attendants because they are lighter, so they save up to US$500,000 per year in fuel. Bet you didn’t know that!
12. India is the first country in the world to have succeeded in putting a probe into Mars’ orbit in the very first attempt. This is, hands down, the most cost-effective Mars Mission to have ever been undertaken. ‘The Mangalyaan Mission’ cost only $ 74 million. The recent Hollywood space adventure movie “Gravity” cost about a $ 100 million to make. Well, cost-effectiveness always was one of our strong suits. #AmazingIndia
13. Now let’s talk numbers. If there’s strength in numbers, we sure are powerful as India has more population than the entire Western Hemisphere of Earth. Go manpower!
14. The Golden Temple in India feeds a vegetarian meal to over 50,000 people a day regardless of race, religion, and class. If that doesn’t make you feel proud, nothing will.
15. India is fast becoming the manpower capital of the world. Half the world’s outsourced IT services come from India, amounting to a $47 billion dollar industry.
Here’s Official website of Incredible India